GS 1 paper
Program: Society, Education and Social Justice
directions: Take a look at it once.
The context: The article emphasizes the need invest in translation to and from Indian languages and ethics education in schools and colleges.
Importance of translation:
- Translation holds the hand with science, philosophy, medicine, sociology, religion, and gender and caste studies
- Translated texts silently open doors to different experiences: It makes readers aware of experiences, feelings and situations completely different from their own.
Importance of language in education:
- Languages are linked with the culture and history of their region of origin.
- bright thoughts who inspire people to a better life are expressed through this medium.
- Language facilitates rules and movements:
- Convoluted rules that can remotely control words
- Supporting a movement for generations.
Steps to follow :
- Need for value education: For national understanding, because the local ignorance about ourselves and our country is staggering (surprising)
- Remove indifference to people different from us: This can be changed by training teachers committed to promoting peace and equality to hold values education classes through translated works.
- Literature can shed light on aspects of our lives that are not addressed by politics and economics.
- India at 100 must focus on soft powers: the language of peace, and our multilingualism
World University Rankings
The context: The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has retained the top spot among Indian institutes in the latest round of Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking.
● Education (30%)
● Search (30%)
● Quotes (30%)
● International perspective (7.5%)
● Industry result (2.5%).
In teaching and research, 15% weighte each is based on a “reputation survey »
● University of Oxford: Overall, it has established itself as the best institute among 1,799 universities from 104 countriesaccording to a statement released by THE.
● Boycott by IITs: THE ranking has been boycotted by most Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) for the third consecutive year due to transparency issues.
India 2022 Rankings of Higher Education Institutions
QS World University Rankings 2023
Q. The National Education Policy 2020 is in line with the Sustainable Development Goals-4 (2030). It aimed to restructure and reorient the education system in India. Critically Examine the Statement (UPSC 2020)
- QS Ranking
Which of the following is/are ranking parameters in THE World University Rankings?
- To research
- Industry Result
Select the correct answer using the codes below:
a.1, 2 and 3 only
b. 2 and 3 only
vs. 1, 2 and 4 only
D. 1, 2, 3 and 4
Refer to the article above